About Us » FAQs


What do I do if my student forgot something?  

If your student forgot an item or lunch, please drop it off in the main office. To avoid classroom interruption, the office will contact the teacher and your student will be sent to the office.

How do I inform the school when my student is absent?

When your child is absent, please call the Attendance Hotline at 858-672-9387.

What if my student is tardy?

Students arriving late to school must come to the main office accompanied by a parent/guardian with a note stating the reason for their tardy. Parents may excuse up to three tardies for personal reasons per semester.
Please remember – Tardy students walking into class impacts the learning environment for everyone.  Please be on time. 

What is an OCIS Contract (Off-Campus Independent Study)?

Should there be a planned absence of three to fourteen days, please contact the front office as soon as possible to set up a homework contract for the student. A contract should also be used for extended illnesses.  A minimum of one week notice is required to set up an OCIS Contract.

How late can my student remain on campus after school?

It is important that students are picked up before 3:15 pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, and on Thursday by 1:35 pm as there is no supervision after school. When it is not possible for you to pick up your student before this time, please note that ESS (Extended School Services) is available for a charge, from 6:30 am – 6:00 pm.

What if my student has no lunch?

School breakfast and school lunch is FREE to all enrolled students. Go to pusdnutrition.powayusd.com for more information.

How do I find out how much money is left in my students lunch account?

The main office does not have access to lunch accounts. Go to PUSD Food & Nutrition for information on how to access and deposit money into their account. 

Where are the lost and found items kept on campus?

If your student has lost a sweatshirt/jacket or any other item, LPES’s lost and found is located outside of room #1.  Please be sure to check as needed, as the lost and found items are donated periodically. 

What if I want to talk to my student’s teacher? 

During school hours, you may call the school number and enter your student’s teachers extension (all of the teacher’s phone extensions are 31** room #, such as room 7 is 3107) and leave them a message.

What if I want to request homework for my student?

If you would like homework for a student that missed school, please contact the teacher by leaving them a message or e-mailing them your request.